Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week Two Reflection

I learned a lot during this week about the role action research can play in a school and district. I really enjoyed watching our assigned videos. After watching the videos, I came away with many new ideas and a solid answer as to why we must continually conduct action research as school leaders. Time is the only downfall to implementing any new idea. I am finding it difficult to figure out how my fellow teachers are going to feel with the implementation of my action research project. It involves a few minutes of their time each month and I want to make sure that they understand how important their time is to me, and most of all, the students! I know that I will have to come up with a way to introduce my action research to the staff, that will get them as fired up about my topic as I am! I am excited to begin further research into my project and cannot wait for the beginning of next year, so that I can begin implementing some new strategies within our school and school community! 

By the way, my current question is: Will the implementation of motivational strategies increase and sustain primary school attendance? Again, I am so excited! I have become very passionate about this subject with the more I research I conduct!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment